Thread: ESPixelstick hangs on colorwash

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelstick hangs on colorwash

Running version 3.2, Xlights 2021.38, FPP 5.1.1

While running a color wash sequence, it appears to hang, meaning that the only way to get it out of this mode is to power cycle it. Any other sequence appears to run fine. Anyone else come across this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelstick hangs on colorwash

Wow that is an unusual problem. The ESPixelStick firmware would not know what the data represented. What is unusual about the color wash? Have you tried colorwash of various durations and color selections?

Post Thanks / Like

That is very odd indeed. By hanging, what exactly happens? Do the pixels stay a certain color, can you access the web frontend, can you ping it, etc... Does this happen from both xLights and FPP, if not which source was being used?
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Also, what color is the wash? Does it go full white? What happens if you drop a white "on" effect? Could be a power drop.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry on the delay answering...based on the fact that the device doesn't know or understand the data passing through it, and it works perfectly on other sequences, I'm going to go with it being a power droop that causes it to hang. I've kept the sequence so once the "season" is over, I will debug it further.