Thread: Hoping to get back in the hobby

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoping to get back in the hobby

Hi all...

I was really active here for a few years but then I moved back to my hometown and my HOA does not allow blinking lights.. Our community was original targeted to retirees...so that has been the issue, (people with no kids). No offense to retirees as we will all be there. Over the past 2 years the age dynamics of our community has changed, there are a lot more families with kids now. There is growing interest in getting our rules changed. Inflatables are banned too, although I'm not a fan.

One of the new residence has taken over our Social committee and he is heading up a group to get the decorating rules relaxed. I've joined him and he's already gotten this topic on the covenants committee agenda for January. Its going to be a challenge for sure but its worth a shot.

I sold 95% of my show....so I would have to basically start over.

I learned everything I know from this community, Jeff and Jon certainly helped a lot with learning Vixen.

Please send me good vibes as we go through the process of getting the rules relaxed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Please share videos of your shows this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hoping to get back in the hobby

and my HOA does not allow blinking lights..
    Unless you're right there on Gloucester, that sounds insane. Williamsburg is tourist central. The only thing they should disallow is being bad at it. (And even then, you've got to start somewhere). Maybe you could sell them on only a certain kind of blinking lights. Historical. Even on Gloucester, they put flame LED's in their windows, because they don't want actual flames.

And hello, like...isn't it called the Grand ILLUMINATION?!??

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Hope you can prevail and get back to helping light up the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, hope you are successful!