Thread: Renard Plus 4 Output Combo Controller Vixen3 Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renard Plus 4 Output Combo Controller Vixen3 Setup

I recently purchased a Renard Plus 4 Output Combo controller so I could start playing with pixels. Is anyone familiar with this board and what my settings should be in vixen? If I chose Renard under add controller it gives me no option for universes. Just comport settings under configure controller. Do I use the Streaming ACN(e1.31) for the pixel side of this board? Any and all help is welcome. Just looking for a little direction down the correct path in my new adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Plus 4 Output Combo Controller Vixen3 Setup

The 4 output combo controller is a multicast e1.31 controller. you set the start universe via jumpers and the rest of the universes follow in order. So, when you setup your elements, you need to patch them to the right spot you connect them to. If you serialize your elements on each group of 4 universes, patching would be in order except at output port changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Plus 4 Output Combo Controller Vixen3 Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    The 4 output combo controller is a multicast e1.31 controller. you set the start universe via jumpers and the rest of the universes follow in order. So, when you setup your elements, you need to patch them to the right spot you connect them to. If you serialize your elements on each group of 4 universes, patching would be in order except at output port changes.
    Thanks for your input! I figured that would be the setting in vixen but wanted some confirmation.