Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xlights sends out wrong data to pixels.

Deutschland / Schleswig-Holstein 24351 Damp
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xlights sends out wrong data to pixels.

The same, if only the Christmas tree is supposed to shine, these also shine, unfortunately

21.jpg
    22.jpg

And that is the 3 lights that are constantly on. They also do not change the color if other colors are to shine in the model

23.jpg

That was a lot of photos and texts. I hope that you can get an idea of ​​how the system is currently set.
    Unfortunately, I fear that there are major problems and that it will not be possible to fix them quickly.
    The models are connected in series from left to right. Good to see in the next picture how it should look when it lights up.

24.jpg

About the Teensy: An OctoWS2811 is soldered onto the Teensy.

Greetings Jörg

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I scared everyone.
    But it doesn't matter, the project is canceled because there is no more time. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Greetings Jörg

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you ran out of time for your project. It looks beautiful. I really like the tree under the arch.

Just for completeness and to try to answer the questions, can you confirm a couple of things.

The orange wire from the cat6 cable (which is coming from OCTO hardware?) is connected to two data wires going to two identical props which you wanted to run synchronously? Or why is the orange wire connected to two data wires?

Octo port 1 on the first yellow wire runs to ? with x pixels then to ? with x pixels then to ? with x pixels...

From the props shown, I see an arch1 (70 pixels), a Christmas tree (70 pixels), canycane1 (99 pixels?), snowflake1 (60 pixels), starburst star (the one on the short pipe-? pixels), star1 (? pixels), snowflake2 (60 pixels), arch2 (70 pixels), star2 (? pixels). You said the total is 625 pixels and my estimates get close.

You said all props are wired in series. None of them are in parallel as the orange wire would suggest?

So, the sketch looks like it should work. But some of the values are off. These two lines in particular should be adjusted.

const int ledsPerStrip = 1000; // Maximale Anzahl Pixel pro Strang
    int PixelCount = 50; // Effektive Anzahl Pixel

I would adjust ledsPerStrip to be the maximum you will run on any one output (625 right now). And PixelCount needs to match up to how many data pixels (not channels but pixels) you are going to send it. Right now, that number should be 625.

Your xlights controller should be set to the number of channels you will use. That is 625 pixels x 3 channels each = 1875.
    This should clear up the errors in the xlights tool.

Something that used to bother me is that 115000 is too slow for the comm speed for that many channels (at 50ms or 20 frames per second). But because of something the teensy does, it actually communicates much faster. I don't know if the speed you set in xlights or Vixen matters when you are a using a virtual comm port on the USB. But, if you make the other changes and find some unusual patterns occurring, you could try bumping up the comm speed. That is, change it both in your player software (xlights, vixen, fpp) and in your sketch. Try changing it to 250,000 bit/s (which is DMX speed) It is this line in the sketch:
    Serial.begin(115200);

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike, thank you for your feedback. I can try again, maybe something will change.
    The orange data cable goes in at the beginning and if I understand it correctly it goes from module to module until I connect the two data cables (blue). From then on the organ ends. Or can also be connected together at the beginning with data cables. IM not sure.

The orange data cable is routed from module to module via the yellow / green cable. Arch on the left, Christmas tree, candy cane, snowflake, star base, star, star, snowflake, star and to the arch on the right.

I haven't paid much attention to the data speed until now. But there could be something to it, when you take a quick look, neither the screen display nor the lights follow. This is the case, for example, with Do They Know lt's Christmas for short periods.
    Thank you Mike, I'll report if anything changes. Greetings Jörg

Post Thanks / Like

With xlights, only a maximum of 1000 channels can be set. At least with a generic serial. Where do I then enter the missing channels from 875?

Post Thanks / Like

I just changed the data. Unfortunately nothing changes about the fact that the fir tree does not shine alone. Other areas always shine with the same number of pixels.

25.jpg
    26.jpg

The following error is entered in the check sequence. From the star with the foot onwards, the models have no controller assignment. But somehow I can't assign them because I can set over 1000 channels.

28.jpg

Under the controller settings under Models you can see the modules are missing.
    Question: How do I get it that I can assign the missing modules to the Teennsy when I can only enter 1000 channels. Somehow I have to tell xlights that from pixels ?? the second data cable is to be used. And where do I have to connect the second data cable. From the pixel or directly to the beginning of the modules.

27.jpg

The three pixels also shine unchanged in white

23.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, does anyone have any idea how I could assign the channels over 1000. I have no more ideas how to get it going.
    Greetings Jörg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12