Thread: Randomize repeats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randomize repeats?

Hi,

I see in the FPP menu to repeat every 5 minutes, 10 minutes ... 60 minutes. Not even close. I have a bunch of little snippets in my playlist that are mostly animations; the "music" is actually sound effects (with an occasional song). I need repeats in the realm of 5-20 seconds, randomized between 5-20 seconds. The playlist itself is randomized, so if I attempt to record a blank track in between, that would get randomized, too. Not my desired result. Is there a known good way to just pause a random, short amount of time, without too much work? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Randomize repeats?

That is a good question. I don't know of an easy way but we have really smart people on this forum.
    One thing I can think of is that is probably NOT "without too much work" but you could use an external script to do what you want. Basically, you would write your own randomize routine and just schedule your script.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man. Maybe next year. If my FPP master was a Pi, I'd be all over it. But alas...

My workaround is to just code long sequences and hope people fail to notice it's not random.

Post Thanks / Like

what are you running FPP on?

Post Thanks / Like

A single kulp32 with some pixel repeaters, plus a Pi that doesn't talk to my Kulp, continuing to run my legacy software on its SSRs.

Post Thanks / Like

scripts work on BBB too. Play around with some when you get a chance.