Thread: Mirrored displays do not show correctly ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirrored displays do not show correctly ...

I have this hardware arrangement. FPP v5.1 on Raspberry PI 4 using DDP (raw) for two F16v3's.

Everything works. First display is perfect. Second display is muddied up a bit. FPP is setup for two IP addresses, 8 universes per IP, proper START channel on both F16v3s.

Vixen is creating the v2.6 FSEQ - since display 1 is ok, Vixen is good.

It looks like the colors are off by one channel as both do a color wash.

These mirrored displays are exactly that. Mirrored. Identical.

What could be causing display #2 to get bad data?

NOTE: For ease of setup, here is the network route: FPP to display #1 network port. Display #1 network port #2 to network switch. Network switch to display #2 *AND* local LAN to facilitate controller access.
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mirrored displays do not show correctly ...

That is a cool setup. I know you are under the gun to get the show going...I would check if the controllers are are setup identically.

When you say FPP is setup for two IP addresses, what do you mean? You are setting the destination controllers in FPP or gave FPP two addresses. If each controller has it's own data coming from FPP, I would put the switch between the FPP and each controller. Otherwise, I don't understand daisy chaining through the controller to get to the second controller.

could it just be lag? How many pixels on each F16v3?

If you had time, you could setup wireshark both before the first f16 and after and verify that the data packets are identical.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mirrored displays do not show correctly ...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    That is a cool setup. I know you are under the gun to get the show going...I would check if the controllers are are setup identically.

When you say FPP is setup for two IP addresses, what do you mean? You are setting the destination controllers in FPP or gave FPP two addresses. If each controller has it's own data coming from FPP, I would put the switch between the FPP and each controller. Otherwise, I don't understand daisy chaining through the controller to get to the second controller.

could it just be lag? How many pixels on each F16v3?

If you had time, you could setup wireshark both before the first f16 and after and verify that the data packets are identical.
    Hi Mike,
    I resolved this issue by using DDP. By getting away from e131, everything shows up right. 1000 pixels per controller on a 50A supply with a duty cycle around 50%

The reason for two IP addresses was for the two Falcon controllers. If I wanted to ever get to the controller, the same IP - BAD JUJU. FPP in DDP mode lets me set the IP for each controller. That is helpful and more like Uni-Cast then.

HOWEVER!! After setting up the START channels correctly for each controller, SIMILAR problem - NOT AS BAD but it acted like the colors were off by ONE or TWO channels - tried changing the start channels, NOPE ... that did not work.

FINALLY!!! Just on a whim I set the 2nd controller to start at channel #1 like the first controller ... HOLY CRAP!! *IT WORKED* Now they are both in sync - color, timing, everything.

The only WEIRD part is this. All the pixels are good ... update as fast as 20ms. 50ms update anyhow. While the "MESSAGE" plays, it looks like 3-4 pixels are burnt out or partially working. Real strange.

Nothing I tried using e131 would work for this setup. Falcon player and boards can use this (new to me) DDP protocol. It is real strange when FPP is used where other PC based systems fail but this refused to render a "PROPER" file worth using when trying e131.

I would really like to find up-to-date literature that could help define the new things FPP and Falcon have derived - they have something good here. In spite of some "issues" - Falcon has come through.

Happy Thanksgiving
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!