Thread: How do I get my lights to stay on after the show is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I get my lights to stay on after the show is over.

Once the show runs, i just want all of the channels to turn on, for a static display. is it easier to write it into the arduino, or can you do it through vixen somehow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do I get my lights to stay on after the show is over.

The best way to do it within vixen is to create a sequence with set level effects on all the elements on that you want for the whole duration of the sequence. Then create and schedule another show in the scheduler to loop that over and over.

You might get a small glitch in the lights every time the loop restarts. If that bothers you, create two sequences that are almost identical, but vary in length. (like 19 and 20 minutes) then schedule one in the main loop and the other in the background loop. They'll play at the same time, but the gap won't happen at the same time, so you won't see a glitch.

Post Thanks / Like

I do that for the morning show with just classic Christmas songs playing in the background, only it would be a different sequence for each song. Mello way to start the day.
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 350jeepcj5 View Post
    Once the show runs, i just want all of the channels to turn on, for a static display. is it easier to write it into the arduino, or can you do it through vixen somehow?
    As Jon said, the best way is to create a sequence and run as a new schedule.

If you do not want to leave the computer connected and just want the Arduino to run it, there is a sketch available that will turn on the lights in a random fashion when the Vixen computer is disconnected (no data stream from the USB port).

If you can program a bit, you could modify the sketch to turn on all lights all of the time in the absence of a Vixen data stream.

What Arduino sketch are you using? What Arduino board(s) are you using?
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    As Jon said, the best way is to create a sequence and run as a new schedule.

If you do not want to leave the computer connected and just want the Arduino to run it, there is a sketch available that will turn on the lights in a random fashion when the Vixen computer is disconnected (no data stream from the USB port).

If you can program a bit, you could modify the sketch to turn on all lights all of the time in the absence of a Vixen data stream.

What Arduino sketch are you using? What Arduino board(s) are you using?
    Iím using an arduous mega, I will have to get the code for you.

I have another dilemma though, when I try to do an all on show, none of my lights come on. The display previews but the lights wonít come on. They run through sequenced music ok, unless it calls for all on them it just goes blank. Iím thinking itís a hardware issue, like not enough voltage maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

SSR or mechanical relays? In either case, where do the relays get their power from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    SSR or mechanical relays? In either case, where do the relays get their power from?
    They are ssr boards, initially I had one usb cable split off to power both boards, currently I have a usb cable per board and two plug in wall adapters. I was able to get them to work by plugging both usb cables into the laptop. I ordered a 5v 12A 60w power supply and will install into my homemade box. Iím pretty sure that will take care of it.