Thread: Where is my show directory?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is my show directory?

Hi,

I just updated my xLights from quite old version to the latest. I may have been going from a 2019 or 2020 version. I feel like i updated last year but it didn't flash up with last years date... Anyway, i don't think this is relevant to the issue. Maybe it is.

so my problem is, my show directory seems to have been forgotten and its asking me where it is or what file to use. I don't know what my old show directory is called. Is there a way to find out what my old show directory was listed as? where it might be? or even just an example of what a it would be called? I don't really know what I'm looking for :/

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where is my show directory?

Do a search for xlights_rgbeffects.xml.....should at least point you to your show folder.

Post Thanks / Like

Your show folder should be called "xLights" as gassy said search for something in xLights

This is my directory structurexLights-1.jpg
    Last edited by qubie; 10-26-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, itís working again. Thank you!

I set mine to my 2019 folder (because every year I just keep updating it but never change the name) that has all my sequences in it and that caused my house image and all the elements to re populate into the correct spots.

Thank you for the quick responses!