Thread: FPP works on one R PI 4 but not other ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP works on one R PI 4 but not other ...

Trying to figure out why FPP works on one Raspberry PI 4 but not the other. Same images. v5.0.1

Differences: The PI 4 board w/WiFi, works perfectly.

The problem is: Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 4GB RAM 16G eMMC Wi-Fi Bluetooth PI MODULE on a IO expansion board.

Thinking I might have overlooked a step? Or do I have to write the FPP image to the eMMC?
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP works on one R PI 4 but not other ...

If both PIs are the same, you should be able to unplug the SD card from the working PI and plug it into the non working PI. If the non working PI works then the other SD card or image is bad. If the non working PI continues to not work then you have a broken PI.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

eMMC tells me your second Pi is actually a BeagleBone board. Can't intermix Pi and Beaglebone uSD images. Pi has it Image and BB has theirs

https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/5.3
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I think the compute modules run off the eMMC so yes, flash the image there and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    eMMC tells me your second Pi is actually a BeagleBone board. Can't intermix Pi and Beaglebone uSD images. Pi has it Image and BB has theirs

https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/5.3
    Ummmm ... I have a BeagleBone also and it is running FPP as expected.

This is a PI MODULE ... needs a, for a lack of better words, motherboard (I/O board) to work. I think Mike hit it on the head. Basically has a SSD (eMMC) - so now I will find out how to fix this. The SSD sort of way is pretty cool - no SD card

I have not had time to get in a deep read on this module system. Major project for COL this year and have 2 weeks left to finish the build and get it running
    Last edited by RGB_Mixer; 10-24-2021 at 05:09 AM.
    -Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    I think the compute modules run off the eMMC so yes, flash the image there and see what happens.
    I figured that was the step I missed after I posted the question ... Thanks
    -Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eygon View Post
    I’ve had this problem before. I do not know much about SD cards, and because of this, I could not for a long time understand what was going on and how to eliminate this problem.
    I have got this sorted out to the point I can use it like any other PI. Including enabling USB for OctoPI - it gets fussy and the config file has to be modified.

It is really cool B/C the HOST board has all the necessary bells and whistles on it to make it a ONE STOP shop for most applications.
    -Eddie