Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Error when attemtping to flash ESPixelStick V3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Error when attemtping to flash ESPixelStick V3

Actually, you could try blacklisting it in Mint, then try your VM. Add 'blacklist ch341' to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and trying passing the usb device through to the VM.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That is disappointing. My laptop has the same issue (ubuntu 18). It might be the impetus to install a different distro; a decision I have been pondering for a while. I will try blacklisting. Else, I will be at the mercy of a new kernel release. Thank you for your help.

matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbsmokey View Post
    Thank you. That is disappointing. My laptop has the same issue (ubuntu 18). It might be the impetus to install a different distro; a decision I have been pondering for a while. Else, I will be at the mercy of a new kernel release. Thank you for your help.

matt
    I just verified that rolling back to kernel 5.4.0-86 works with Mint 19. Give this a try and let me know how it goes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfC...nel=JoeCollins.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    I just verified that rolling back to kernel 5.4.0-86 works with Mint 19. Give this a try and let me know how it goes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfC...nel=JoeCollins.
    Screenshot from 2021-10-25 11-48-46.png

SUCCESS!!

Of course I couldn't follow the video exactly as my grub bootloader had the menu hidden. But, with a quick search I was able to rollback the kernel, boot to that kernel, and flash the device. I can't thank you enough. Yes, it was a pain, but I learned a lot in the process.

Now I'm off to figure out how to use this device and xlights and FPP......

Your knowledge of linux is amazing. Someday maybe I will reach that level... Thanks again!

matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123