Thread: A curtain of snowflakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default A curtain of snowflakes

Hello together,

I'm a newbie from Germany, so please be sorry of my bad english. Last year I started to look, how it works to make a light show with Vixen and led pixels (WS2811). With many hours of learning by doing I had the one or the other success. Now my idea is to build a curtain of pixels that looks like falling snowflakes. How can I do this? All effects I've tried doesn't look like falling snowflakes. And I think it was so easy to take only the snowflakes effect in Vixen3....

I only want that the light goes from pixel to pixel and repeat. I hope you can understand my english an you can help me with my problem.

Thank's and have a nice day.

Greetings from Germany
    siste95

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A curtain of snowflakes

So I don't have experience with Vixen, but Xlights literally has an effect called "Snow Storm". You can adjust the size of the flakes, the intensity and even have it accumulate at the bottom.

https://manual.xlights.org/xlights/e...off/snow-storm

Post Thanks / Like

Vixen has a snowstorm effect along with the regular snowflakes effect that both can simulate falling snow. You can also use the meteors effect with blue / white colors to come up with a similar effect but with tails for the falling snow. You need to ensure that your strings of pixels are organized into a group that you can place the effect on all of them at the same time. You may need to post pictures of your setup so that we can better guide you on options.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your answers. I will try it. But in it doesn't work, I will be back.