Thread: Mounting Pixabulb C9 to windows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Pixabulb C9 to windows

I am mounting lights to the inside of my front windows. They are Pixbulb lights (like C9s) from Wired Watts. I mounted them, evenly spaced, to some wooden dowels. Looks great. I created my own brackets with my 3d printer, and tried using command strips to attach them. The command strips don't stay on(perhaps I got a bad batch)? What else have folks used? Could I hot glue to my window and easily get the hot glue off later? I see lots of glue/solvent removers that should work in the windows. Think I'll give it a go. Anyone have experience here?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mounting Pixabulb C9 to windows

I would build a 1/2" pvc frame that fits snugly inside your window and zip tie them to that. Some balls of blue tack squished into the top between the PVC and window frame should keep it in place.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

For non permanent installation, I'd like to share a design using magnets. This removes the ugly pvc frames and holes and/or zip tie. For window frames, these are mounted on a 1/2" metal bar. Bar is from local scrap metal house - $4 per 10 foot. (Home Depot and Lowes are over priced) Cleaned and painted to match window frames. My bars are permanently mounted. For house trim, I use the metal rain gutter and metal bar.

Magnets are with 4mm countersink holes affixed with double sided tape and a screw. You'll need to get magnets from right supplier, or it will be like wire where you order 18 gauge and get 22 or 20 gauge. Here is where I got mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/31204669338...53.m2749.l2649

I drilled a hole in the base of the Pixabulb and forced an M3 machine screw, making it self taped. M3 in a 4mm hole so it was recessed.

My lights go up and come down in seconds.

Couple Pictures.
    IMG_6945m.jpgIMG_6946m.jpg
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Suction cups for the win.suction_cup.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try that alien tape they are advertising lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Anyone try that alien tape they are advertising lately?
    I tested some of that tape and also tested some high end industrial tape mid spring of last year. The heat of the sun soften the adhesive and light fell like flies in a domino effect.
    In Lights Therapy