Thread: Projector mapping and communicating with FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Projector mapping and communicating with FPP

Hi all. I'm about 6 ours into searching here and in Falcon Christmas and can't seem to find the answer. I want to add projector mapping. I found many softwares but one called mapmap is free and seems user friendly. Once I map the house how do I create the videos and get them to integrate / play with FPP. The plan is to have the FPP connected to the projector through hdmi. This is all new to me so thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by L4H23; 10-15-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Projector mapping and communicating with FPP

You are on the right track . Map your intended target -> import your map to video editing software and apply your effects etc then save and export .
    You may need to consider video length and FPS/rate when exporting to suit your sequence fps/timing .

I like to use Vegas Pro for creating and editing videos.

You also may need to export a specific file format for your purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Vegas Pro - Good Software.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

You also may need to export a specific file format for your purpose.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Will the video have to be run through xlights or will I be able to upload the video directly into FPP content and Playlist. Also Does it need to be in any specific format to play properly in FPP?