Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Display out of sync

Post Thanks / Like

Default Display out of sync

I am having an issue with light and audio syncing and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've searched here and Googled but can't seem to find anything with anyone having this problem. What is happening is the lights are roughly 10-20 seconds behind the audio. There aren't any gaps or missing sections, it just seems like the audio output and the light output are starting at different times. The first ~15 seconds are audio only, the last ~15 seconds are lights only.

The Error Log (attached) does show me what I assume are relevant errors but I am not sure how to correct them. I seem to get the same error for all ESPixelsticks:

Code:
    10/13/2021 10:08:45.207 [Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController] An error occurred outputting data for controller ESPixel Stick #1 System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)
       at VixenModules.Controller.E131.E131OutputPlugin.UpdateState(Int32 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates)
       at Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController.Update()    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)
       at VixenModules.Controller.E131.E131OutputPlugin.UpdateState(Int32 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates)
       at Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController.Update()
    I am not sure what info is going to be helpful, but the stuff I think is most relevant is:

My setup is:
    -Windows 10 64bit, i7-8700 3.2GHz, 16G RAM
    -Vixen 3.8 Build 1045
    -ESPixelstick FW: 3.2 build 11/2/2020

I got a new PC this year just for the display. It has multiple connectivity options, I have disabled all except wired Ethernet. I mention this because when configuring the controllers I see more options listed now than I have in the past.
    Capture.JPG
    I am using the Multicast Ethernet, the Local #1 and Local #2 didn't seem to do anything when I tried them.

I used Zip Wizard to copy profile from old PC to New one, did not have any errors or warnings when installing.

Brand new PC, installed Vixen, 7-zip, Chrome, OS updates and am keeping it air-gapped from outside world.

I am thinking this is just a config error on my part and hoping someone can advise on how to fix it!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Display out of sync

Explain your wireless network a bit. What access point are you using, what other devices are connected to it, how is the show computer connected to it, etc...
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

The logs are certainly pointing out an network issue connecting to a host. I would not expect to see those errors for a multicast setup as it should just fire the packets out and not care if they make it. That seems more like what we see when sending unicast data to a device that is not on the network. The logs indicated several different devices, being affected. So I would verify the setting on all the devices. This is certainly the reason for the delay as it will keep retrying the hosts it cannot reach in unicast mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

okay, sorry, thought I would be able to respond quicker but work has other plans today.

I have simple setup, router with just my PC connected. Technically the E682 is connected to router also but it is not powered up so shouldn't be a factor.
    Total of 7 ESPixelsticks, all configured the same as far as networking. All set to multicast. I see no errors or anything that looks suspicious.

home.JPG
    Device.JPG
    Administration.JPG

This is the same router as years past, I have not made any changes to its configuration. Same with the pixelsticks, the only change for those were the upgrades to 3.2 FW. It may be worth noting however, the pixelsticks, if the effect engine is running they will not respond when Vixen starts executing. I have to manually turn the effects off on each one before they will will react to Vixen. I assumed this was normal with the 3.2 FW but perhaps it might indicate a problem I am not seeing, or a side-effect of a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
    okay, sorry, thought I would be able to respond quicker but work has other plans today.

I have simple setup, router with just my PC connected. Technically the E682 is connected to router also but it is not powered up so shouldn't be a factor.
    Total of 7 ESPixelsticks, all configured the same as far as networking. All set to multicast. I see no errors or anything that looks suspicious.

home.JPG
    Device.JPG
    Administration.JPG

This is the same router as years past, I have not made any changes to its configuration. Same with the pixelsticks, the only change for those were the upgrades to 3.2 FW. It may be worth noting however, the pixelsticks, if the effect engine is running they will not respond when Vixen starts executing. I have to manually turn the effects off on each one before they will will react to Vixen. I assumed this was normal with the 3.2 FW but perhaps it might indicate a problem I am not seeing, or a side-effect of a problem.
    That's the proper behavior for 3.2 FW. Setting an effect will override any other input. Have you made any upgrades to your access point or configuration changes there? Is the PC hardwired? Are there any other devices connected to the AP? Is the AP sharing multiple SSIDS? Which AP is it?
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    That's the proper behavior for 3.2 FW. Setting an effect will override any other input. Have you made any upgrades to your access point or configuration changes there? Is the PC hardwired? Are there any other devices connected to the AP? Is the AP sharing multiple SSIDS? Which AP is it?
    The router is a Netgear R6400v2. I have used it without issue for the last 3 years. It is dedicated for the display and stored when not in use.
    My setup is pretty basic, just the PC running Vixen hardwired to router. There will be an E682 hard wired into also, but is not running right now so the only thing connected is the PC.

I haven't made any changes to the networking aspect and have drilled down thru all the router settings looking for anything that looks off, but everything looks on the money.

The changes to the setup this year are limited to the new PC, upgrade from Vixen 3.7 to 3.8 and ESPixelstick FW upgrade to 3.2. The original FW was 2.0, not sure of build but I have the zip file still named "ESPixelStick_Firmware-2.0.zip".

On my original PC, I was running Vixen 3.4, upgraded to I believe 3.7. Installed the latest, 3.8 on the new PC when it arrived. Zipped up my profiles, installed on new PC. After that I ran the upgrade on the EXPixelsticks thru the admin, not flashed.

The only thing I cannot say for 100% certain that I may not have upgraded was the .net framework. I did run OS update after installing Vixen but after that I disconnected from outside world.

Another thing I can't shake is the options I have for the controller. In my screencap I have several options but my old PC only had "Multicast Local Area Connection", it didn't have the generic looking Multicast Ethernet I am using now nor the additional Local Area Networks. Blutooth and wifi are disabled but I only have one nic and not fully understanding why I have what seem to be 3 options for LAN connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried any other sACN sources to narrow it down? Like xLights or something like sACNView? If you can, try this and see if the lights respond in real time by turning some channels on manually - https://sacnview.org. That would narrow it down to if something is going on with Vixen or not.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

when dealing with WiFi outdoors, it's just as important to ask if your neighbors have done anything different since last year. Their changes to your wifi environment can make a big difference to your performance

Post Thanks / Like

Is the sans controller set for multicast? is it enabled or disabled?

Post Thanks / Like

You stated that the E682 is not powered up. Is it enabled in your sequencer/player? Disable it and try again. I know it was said it was set to multicast, but humor me. I've seen this before. I may also be totally wrong, but what is it going to hurt to try?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast