Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esp Sd & FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Esp Sd & FPP

Being that I have not attempted this yet ,I am guessing that if I read the FPP manual I would find the answer but thought I would ask here for a thread reference for those that use search.

Is there a guide available for loading the sequence data to a Esp sd card or is this done directly through FPP ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Esp Sd & FPP

The ESP UI has a place to drop the files (one at a time) to download them to the SD card. The file needs to be a "Sparse file. That means the file has only the channels the ESP needs to send. FPP master will NOT keep the ESP files in sync with its own file set.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    ............ FPP master will NOT keep the ESP files in sync with its own file set.
    Oh! This is news to me and I hadn't tested for that. That takes most of the uSD value out for me. Good information Martin.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

The best option is to use FPP Connect in xLights.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Oh! This is news to me and I hadn't tested for that. That takes most of the uSD value out for me. Good information Martin.
    It will play in sync with FPP as a FPP remote, you just have to load the sparse files either via FPP Connect in xLights or by exporting them by explicit controller in Vixen as uncompressed V2 and uploading manually. The files must be sparse (done via FPP Connect) or contain data only for that controller.

For standalone props that aren't synced to a show, you can create an xLights show with just one controller and have it save the sequences as uncompressed v2 (File->Preferences->Sequences). From there, you can upload the sequences manually or straight to an SD card. Useful for props, wireframes, etc... that may just run in a loop.
    forkineye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for the quick replies.

Post Thanks / Like

And for us vixen sequencers? I get the concept of sparse files... Only what data the ESP output controls in a sequence. But it won't sync with the fpp master at all? Sorry my first attempt at fpp master/slave as well as using esp32. Does this just mean it won't correct a sync issue If it starts to occur?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    And for us vixen sequencers? I get the concept of sparse files... Only what data the ESP output controls in a sequence. But it won't sync with the fpp master at all? Sorry my first attempt at fpp master/slave as well as using esp32. Does this just mean it won't correct a sync issue If it starts to occur?
    Apologies, I was writing this before I saw some responses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Not sure why that reduces the value. The value is that you play your sequence and the ESP stays in sync with the FPP master without the need for E1.31. The price is that you need to load the files onto the SD card yourself and if you change the sequence data then you need to manually update the file (FPP wont push an updated file for you). Dont confuse keeping the files in sync and keeping the sequence in sync. Those are two very different activities.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    It wont sync the FILE. The ESP WILL sync the sequence with the FPP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast