Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master/remote setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Master/remote setup

FWIW, I am using 9 RPi's (3B+ and Zero) all with capes/hats in a Master/Remote wireless configuration. My Master is driving my MegaTree 12x61, Three Layer Star (88), and 1 Renard 32 controller, as well as my audio and my show network AP. So yes, you can drive a controller with your FPP Master.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but I have this urge to tell about some of our setup here... (sorry)

master FPP is providing audio to the transmitter, sending E1.31 to 4-E682, 4-Falcon F16 (blue, version 2, version 3), 1-Kulp K32, and a couple Falcon F4s.
    On top of that it is sending sync to 4 more F4s with Rpi based FPPs across the lake (via a Ubiquiti M5 network).

So you see, one FPP instance can do a lot and not even burp.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    my master sends data to two f16s. the master also has a dac+ pro hat for audio.
    To confirm, your master sends out e131 data or sync packets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spaulgal View Post
    To confirm, your master sends out e131 data or sync packets?
    My master sends out E1.31 data AND FPP Sync packets.

Martin

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Martin... each of your F16's also have local PIs driving them?

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly, yes. The master drives two F16s. I am really looking forward to the day when the F16s have built in SD cards but my V3 and lower controllers are kind of SOL. I have a 5 port cheap switch + FPP + Controller in each controller box. They are connected in a (mostly) star configuration back to the master FPP. This limits heavy traffic to go between the local FPP and the local controller with only the sync messages traversing the entire network.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious - wired or wireless between your master and the F16/switch/FPP controller boxes?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

My show network is 99% wired. The switch co-located with the master has a dual radio AP connected to it. One radio connects to my home network as a STA. The other radio runs in AP mode allowing me to connect distant FPP instances and my tablet. My Tune to sign is on the other side of my driveway, I use WiFi to keep it in sync with the show. Because the E1.31 traffic is local, the WiFi is pretty much empty (aka low congestion = low latency). The tune to sign also has an FPP (this year it will be an ESP) that uses the FPP Sync to stay in sync with the show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12