Thread: stuck building waveform - v3.8 build 1045

Post Thanks / Like

Default stuck building waveform - v3.8 build 1045

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of vixen and am having issues importing any audio. When I associate audio the waveform / audio pane gets stuck with "Building waveform..." I've waited over 10 minutes and nothing happens. Based on the audio menu options it seems the audio is associated but I am unable to see any waveforms. Screenshot attached.

vixen-audio-issue.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: stuck building waveform - v3.8 build 1045

Do you have an audio output device on your computer (speakers/headphones/bluetooth earbuds etc)? I have had issues when all of my audio output devices were unplugged (red x on speaker in the windows bar).

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Do you have an audio output device on your computer (speakers/headphones/bluetooth earbuds etc)? I have had issues when all of my audio output devices were unplugged (red x on speaker in the windows bar).
    That was it!! Thank you sooo much - I was in full panic mode

Post Thanks / Like

Even though you're fixed for the moment, it would be helpful to us if you file a bug ticket on bugs.vixenlights.com. We made some changes to the audio engine this year and this sounds like a good example of a situation that needs to be handled gracefully with a warning box rather than a crash.