Thread: Vixen and Mega Tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen and Mega Tree

Last year I made a Mega Tree with 10 strings and I am adding 6 more strings this year for a total of 16. Can I just add 6 more strings in Vixen or do I need to delete last years tree and state a new tree? If I can just add to the old tree can you tell me how.

Thanks
    AJVenti

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen and Mega Tree

WARNING: DO NOT DELETE YOUR ORIGINAL DEFINITION, YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE EFFECTS APPLIED TO THE TREE.

Add 6 additional legs to the tree, update the preview screen. Adjust the effects to include the new legs.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

I added 6 additional legs to the tree preview screen. Now how do I add them in Setup Display.

Post Thanks / Like

If you did not add them in setup display, what did you bind them to in the preview screen? If you created new elements in the preview screen then you need to add those new elements to the existing elements in the setup screen.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it all in the preview except the final patching. You can add elements in the preview just like you can in the Display Setup. The same functions are there. So add the extra elements by using the right click menu. Then up the count of strings on the tree in the property panel when the tree is selected and then link the new preview strings to the new elements in the property panel as well.

Only thing you will need to do in Display setup is configure the color handling and do the patching to your controller.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried adding to the tree in the property panel it shows the additional strings but the do not show in the display setup. What am I doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Display setup is where you should start first. Add the additional strings and color handing, and patch the addresses. Then you should be able to add to the setup preview. If you have already drawn the extra strings, then click on one and then select the Collection line. Click on the dots to bring up the linked elements page. If nothing is selected or the wrong thing is there, drag the correct one from the left list to that element. Don't forget to save and update when you exit.
    Love LEDs!