Thread: Thanks to MartinMueller2003 Unicast for ESP !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to MartinMueller2003 Unicast for ESP !!!!!

The title says it .

After a lot of experimenting I have come to conclude that Unicast is absolutely best use .

By using this method there is 0 dropouts connection wise and 0 effect on other devices , especially if they have relays . With multicast I discovered many issues .

Martin inadvertently put the Unicast bug in my ear by stating its definition was not a requirement .
    Even though this is set in firmware ->
    if (e131.begin(E131_MULTICAST, UNIVERSE, UNIVERSE_COUNT)); // Listen via Multicast
    Martin was right on the $$$$ .
    Unicast ignores this firmware setting.

Thank you much for that Martin .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thanks to MartinMueller2003 Unicast for ESP !!!!!

Your Welcome?

FYI: I would use FPP Remote player mode instead of E1.31. Then the entire load on the WiFi pretty much goes away.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thanks to MartinMueller2003 Unicast for ESP !!!!!

I do agree with FPP for larger scale usage, though that is learning curve yet needed .

This is just a small scale setup . Have been testing wireless AC with pixel data and noticed issues affecting other controllers
    with relays on board and wifi dropout in multicast . Unicast seems to have cleared this up ..

However I am thinking simple AP Web Server may be better suited in this case .