Thread: Combining Boscoyo Strips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Combining Boscoyo Strips

Hello all,
    I am planning to get into it this weekend with my mega tree supplies. The first step is going to be making the strips longer. I have a bunch of the Boscoyo original strips and I just wanted to know do you just over lap one hole or more and how many of the small holes do you end up zip tying? I realize that I will probably be fine no matter what I do, I just wanted to know what people have done so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I have a beautiful steel topper from Overkill that I am excited to use. It is definitely a far cry from my current AC mega tree that I made out of a 4x4 and some screws.

Thanks all, happy building and sequencing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Combining Boscoyo Strips

I get some heavy winds so I overlapped one hole. Then I did two zip ties on each side of the hole. Never had one break (5 years now).

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Combining Boscoyo Strips

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I get some heavy winds so I overlapped one hole. Then I did two zip ties on each side of the hole. Never had one break (5 years now).
    +1. I do the same.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless