Thread: Projector Screen Material

Post Thanks / Like

Default Projector Screen Material

I will be adding a virtual matrix using a projector for this season. I've been looking at some of the screen material available on amazon, PVC and EPPE Polymer but after reading the reviews it appears this type of material is affected by temperature. I would mount this to a home build fame so that it is taught but in the off-season it will be stored in a place that would fluctuate temperatures greatly most likely producing wrinkles.

The space I intend to use is approximately 12' x 8'. I would like to utilize as much of that space as possible without distorting the images or going beyond the projector capabilities. It's a red brick wall, so whatever I use needs to be non-transparent. It also needs to hang from that wall so that it is off the ground about 4'.

I was wondering what others are using or if anyone had any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Projector Screen Material

If you design it to be removed from the frame, you can roll it up on a tube.
    Other than the obvious part of getting the whole thing down to a manageable size, it also allows for keeping everything clean and without wrinkles.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Although expensive, rear projection screen material is a heavy, gray stretchy rubber material that works great with frames.

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for almost three years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNF250 View Post
    I will be adding a virtual matrix using a projector for this season. I've been looking at some of the screen material available on amazon, PVC and EPPE Polymer but after reading the reviews it appears this type of material is affected by temperature. I would mount this to a home build fame so that it is taught but in the off-season it will be stored in a place that would fluctuate temperatures greatly most likely producing wrinkles.

The space I intend to use is approximately 12' x 8'. I would like to utilize as much of that space as possible without distorting the images or going beyond the projector capabilities. It's a red brick wall, so whatever I use needs to be non-transparent. It also needs to hang from that wall so that it is off the ground about 4'.

I was wondering what others are using or if anyone had any suggestions.
    Something like THIS? It is a bit smaller than you specified, but close.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with a 3 layered PVC version.

Once mounted to the frame I think I will leave it and see how it works out when storing this year.