Thread: F16V4 - Anyone Received Yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default F16V4 - Anyone Received Yet?

I ordered an F16V4 and three of the new Smart Receiver boards back in July (I think the first day they were available for order). Haven't received any updates on the order even after emailing the support contact for PixelController.com. It doesn't show as shipped in my account, just as "payment received".

Has anyone received these yet, or had any updates from them? I still see "shipping in mid August" on the product page.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: F16V4 - Anyone Received Yet?

Thanks for asking. Now I know not to order.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a bit of a "chick before the egg" situation. I had my first show last year using older controllers, and was planning to expand the show this year with the new controller, but don't really want to drop another ~$700 on lights with no ETA on the controller.

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine at the end of August. Haven't had time to do anything with it yet. I have several other pixels controllers (espixelsticks, espArtSticks, pixelpops, E682s, etc) so it wasn't intended for this year but if i get to it, then i'll upgrade the e682.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what exactly changed with the v4 controller and smart receivers? I cannot find anything that describes why the old smart receivers will not work with the new controller.

Post Thanks / Like

The old remotes donít work with the new controllers except as dumb remotes.

This is largely because the old protocol does not scale beyond 3 remotes (it just is too slow) and the new boards we wanted to support more chained remotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk