Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy more pixels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to buy more pixels?

Hmmm....not saying it is ok to do, but I just slapped 24VDC on a single 12V regulated pixel and no issue. I'll need to do a 24 hour test on the same.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how the regulation is being accomplished, but I doubt that 12V regulated pixels are going to fail at 13 or 14V. I would think that the 'do not exceed' voltage specification for those parts is going to be 16V or 17V or higher, that power dissipation is similarly over-spec'd, and that the only likely gotcha is that the regulators are seconds that failed the full manufacturing test.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munu View Post
    I actually bought some pixels from Ray and have more than I need. He promised he will finally ship them this week. They are supposed to come via air so I hope to have them next week. The amount of pixels you mention are pretty close to what I think I have too much. I am in Northern CA so hopefully shipping isn't too expensive to Sacramento. I will sell them at cost, i.e. I will charge what I paid + shipping to me and shipping to you. I am not looking to make any money on this. You can PM me for more info.
    Did you forget I PM'd you about this a while back? You were going to get back with me when you got them.
    Last edited by Kev7274; 09-09-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1) Kulp K32A-B
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering how to tell the difference between the two different types. There is an interesting article on https://www.wiredwatts.com/learn-regulators If you just want to tell the difference between the two then just look at the images at the end of the article. Based on the article with regulated pixels you basically get constant light output until the voltage drops to a certain point and then they go completely off. With resistors you get a gradual drop off. But what is the voltage where the regulated type of pixels go off and what is the voltage where you see a significant drop in brightness with resistor based strings?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I thought I replied. I definitely wrote a reply and I am pretty sure I sent it out. I guess I respond again... Sorry about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I thought I replied. I definitely wrote a reply and I am pretty sure I sent it out. I guess I respond again... Sorry about that.
    Yeah,you responded and you were going to let me know when you got them.
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1) Kulp K32A-B
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

@Kev7274 They were supposed to ship last week but over the weekend I got a message asking for my phone number so I guess they didn't ship yet. They are supposed to be shipped via DHL so hopefully I will still get them late this week. Who knows, though...

Post Thanks / Like

@Kev7274 They were supposed to ship last week but over the weekend I got a message asking for my phone number so I guess they didn't ship yet. They are supposed to be shipped via DHL so hopefully I will still get them late this week. Who knows, though...
    Keep me updated.
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1) Kulp K32A-B
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers