Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy more pixels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy more pixels?

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a few more last minute pixels (about 1,200 of them) and want to get my hands on them ASAP. I'm looking for 12V bullet pixels, don't care about string color. I am trying to find someone to buy pixels from and receive them quickly. Ray Wu's store seems to have some that are at a good price ($0.25 / pixel) and they can supposedly be here in a week or two, but I've heard some folks grumbling about quality, and I do like supporting local businesses. But I cannot seem to find a local business that is selling them for $0.30 or under. I used this list from SJLights.com to look through the vendors, so if anyone has any more they can recommend, let me know! (Also, if anyone in Northern CA is looking to get rid of any)

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by kingjesse2; 09-08-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to buy more pixels?

I actually bought some pixels from Ray and have more than I need. He promised he will finally ship them this week. They are supposed to come via air so I hope to have them next week. The amount of pixels you mention are pretty close to what I think I have too much. I am in Northern CA so hopefully shipping isn't too expensive to Sacramento. I will sell them at cost, i.e. I will charge what I paid + shipping to me and shipping to you. I am not looking to make any money on this. You can PM me for more info.

Post Thanks / Like

At this moment, Mattos Designs has some Pixels in stock:
    https://mattosdesigns.com/collection...ixels-in-stock

He is based in the Bay Area, so very Nor Cal friendly.
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!

Post Thanks / Like

HTTPS://Wiredwatts.com has been good for me.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    HTTPS://Wiredwatts.com has been good for me.
    WiredWatts is a great site, I was just hoping to get each pixel $0.30 or under and theirs are at $0.34. Not ridiculous by any means, but I figured I'd shop around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    At this moment, Mattos Designs has some Pixels in stock:
    https://mattosdesigns.com/collection...ixels-in-stock

He is based in the Bay Area, so very Nor Cal friendly.
    Huh! I've never heard of them/him. Thanks for the great tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingjesse2 View Post
    WiredWatts is a great site, I was just hoping to get each pixel $0.30 or under and theirs are at $0.34. Not ridiculous by any means, but I figured I'd shop around
    $0.30 and under is likely old stock resistor pixel. Spend a little more and get newer regulated design. They handle voltage drop a lot better. I have some running on a 7V system. Well worth the $0.04 per pixel.

Mattos has Regulated too, but @ $0.355
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

$0.30 and under is likely old stock resistor pixel. Spend a little more and get newer regulated design. They handle voltage drop a lot better. I have some running on a 7V system. Well worth the $0.04 per pixel.

Hmm I hadn’t thought about that. I’ll have to do some more research!

Post Thanks / Like

Am I inferring correctly that they not just handle voltage drop better, but that you can overdrive your power supply a little bit? Say 7v on a 5v or 13.2v on a 12v? And the first pixel won't just eat that all up? i.e. immediately regulate that all down before it gets to the second pixel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    Am I inferring correctly that they not just handle voltage drop better, but that you can overdrive your power supply a little bit? Say 7v on a 5v or 13.2v on a 12v? And the first pixel won't just eat that all up? i.e. immediately regulate that all down before it gets to the second pixel
    First, let's not get 5V mixed into this. I don't think they have regulated 5V Pixels.
    Original inquiry was for 12V and I'm only addressing 12V pixels here.
    I do not know the upside of the regulator. Haven't tested higher voltages yet. Soon
    In the regulated design, ALL pixels have a voltage regulator. The source voltage will be seen by all pixels (minus voltage drop)
    In Lights Therapy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast