Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPP Master/Remote Networking Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Master/Remote Networking Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    You nailed it DrNeutron.

Update a FPP, remote or master. Use that as your source of update. If master is the update device. Go to remote FPP help/about and select the master in lieu of GitHub for FPP Upgrade Source. FPP remote will pull the necessary data from master FPP and update remote.FPP. Do this for each remote.

Should have posted with a few more words
    You can update off master. Go to help/about of Remote and change GitHub to Master
    I just wanted to add to this after struggling with locating the Upgrade FPP Source under the Help/About page, that your "UI" (user interface) must be set to "Advanced" in order to have the option box available to select from. Pretty sure everyone else figured this out, but for someone like me, i searched for a couple of hours before I finally figured it out. And I didn't see that little nugget of information in the 5.0 FPP Manual either. (But I might have missed it)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Master/Remote Networking Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhunter1956 View Post
    I just wanted to add to this after struggling with locating the Upgrade FPP Source under the Help/About page, that your "UI" (user interface) must be set to "Advanced" in order to have the option box available to select from. Pretty sure everyone else figured this out, but for someone like me, i searched for a couple of hours before I finally figured it out. And I didn't see that little nugget of information in the 5.0 FPP Manual either. (But I might have missed it)
    Good catch. I have never run in basic so would have never noticed that.....and I have yet to read the manual. Important item, so I'll keep it in mind when giving guidance in the future.
    In Lights Therapy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12