Thread: Combining 2 different display setups possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Combining 2 different display setups possible?

In my current display I would like to add a mega tree from another Vixen setup. A member here sent me his Vixen directory that has some elements in it that I would like to import in mine. Is there a way to combine the directories so I can switch between the 2 display setups and be able to import elements directly? Right now I am renaming the Vixen 3 directory in my documents folder each time before launching Vixen to see each one. Tried placing a copy of one of his sequences in my directory and did the import mapping, but almost none of it was a direct match and did a lot of guessing. Then it's a lot of reworking, but it's way faster than starting from scratch. I need to add a 3rd controller (another sans) as the 1st is maxed out. I was thinking worst case I could duplicate the new elements on the added controller as he had them in his display, and then run the import tool. I really don't want to totally redo my last season display, but add some elements from his and also eliminate others in mine. Elimination is the easy part.
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Combining 2 different display setups possible?

You can have multiple vixen profiles with the profile tool. As you discovered you can have more than one data folder with different names. Using the profiles feature you can create a profile that corresponds with each folder. You can specify which one to open when vixen opens or have it ask you every time.
    You can then have multiple instances of vixen running at the same time. One copy with each profile. Then you can copy and paste between the two.
    The foreign sequence import works, but as you discovered you kinda need to have some knowledge of the source profile so you can decide how to map things. Personally I prefer the copy and paste method with both profiles open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jchuchla; 07-31-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Combining 2 different display setups possible?

Thank you very much. That was exactly the info I needed. I will give it a try.

Well that works. It really helps that I have 4 monitors to stretch across.
    Last edited by TomsLEDs; 07-31-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    Love LEDs!