Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LED color change even in pause (Vixen)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED color change even in pause (Vixen)

Quote Originally Posted by gb70 View Post
    I have more than 4/5 cm,
    I'm not an expert and I'm probably not the part to touch....
    i saw that in the program "angus40" uses:
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt0800KbpsMethod> strip1(PixelCount1, PixelPin1);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt1800KbpsMethod> strip2(PixelCount2, PixelPin2);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt2800KbpsMethod> strip3(PixelCount3, PixelPin3);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt3800KbpsMethod> strip4(PixelCount4, PixelPin4);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt4800KbpsMethod> strip5(PixelCount5, PixelPin5);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt5800KbpsMethod> strip6(PixelCount6, PixelPin6);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt6800KbpsMethod> strip7(PixelCount7, PixelPin7);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt7800KbpsMethod> strip8(PixelCount8, PixelPin8);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip9(PixelCount9, PixelPin9);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip10(PixelCount10, PixelPin10);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip11(PixelCount11, PixelPin11);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip12(PixelCount12, PixelPin12);

leaving out the first 8 lines where "NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod" is very effective, is there something better, instead, for the following lines?

I only have to get to 10
    So each of those lines is setting the pin to use for 12 outputs. You can leave out a couple of them if you are only using 10 but you might have to change other things in the program. Basically look for anywhere it is counting to 12 and count to 10 (but in arduino language that might be 11 and 9 because 0 is usually the first one). Here is another thing to consider...You don't need 10 outputs. You could just use one or two and daisy chain the rest of the trees. Since you are doing PI anyway, it wouldn't be that big a deal to daisy chain the data (and V-) along with PI cables. But what you have going on is a great test.

For level shifting, anything that has a 74AHCT125 chip would work for multiple outputs. If you buy the chip only, be sure to read the data sheet as you may need a resistor (not all examples show one so maybe not?).

With your power injection for multiple PSU. I would just power half the trees with one PSU and the other half with the other PSU. That would keep the PI simple...always PI from the same PSU.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike,
    the program has already changed everything for the 10 GPIOs. I just thought maybe there could be a better command than this: "NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod>".
    For this project I proceed with the 10 outputs, maybe I will see to daisy chain on one of the next ones (do you say that the daisy chain is better for power supply and data management?).

yesterday I did some more research on Aliexpress and found these:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/40009...71234c4dinVJDR
    when they arrive I try to figure out what kind of chip they have
    from what I have read, 1 buffer is needed for each output, I bought the batch of 10 pcs

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You can daisy chain up to 680 pixels per port and get a 25ms refresh rate. 1360 pixels in a string get you a 50ms refresh rate. The length of a single string is infinite. It all depends on how fast you want to refresh the string and does it matter that there is a delay between changing the first pixel in a string and the last pixel in a string.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

This appears to be an actual pixel chip not a level changing device. It will do the job for what you have going on. And you will have to add one "null" to each output. So, you will send 101 data with "nothing" on node 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,why do you tell me
    This appears to be an actual pixel chip not a level changing device
    on the description there is:
    "null" pixel to regenerate the data signal

in theory it has no pixels but only the chip to increase the signal ... am I wrong?
    so it seems to me also from the images they put for the article

thanks if you make me clearer

Post Thanks / Like

Null pixel is a pixel. In this case, the description says "the PCB is same as our 12v regulated square pixel,just without the LED on it:"

Our hobby built things that function like a null pixel without actually being a pixel (stuff Martin mentioned). But the original "null pixel" was a pixel. In fact you could try that if you have some laying around. Attach one close to your controller (at your white connector?) and see if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you so much Mike;

those "null" pixels,
    I wait for them ... equally.
    In the meantime I will do the test you told me, I have a burnt string and maybe a pixel will still be fine.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Null pixel is a pixel. In this case, the description says "the PCB is same as our 12v regulated square pixel,just without the LED on it:"

Our hobby built things that function like a null pixel without actually being a pixel (stuff Martin mentioned). But the original "null pixel" was a pixel. In fact you could try that if you have some laying around. Attach one close to your controller (at your white connector?) and see if it helps.
    I never liked the fact that I had to account for the null pixels in my sequence. That is why I moved to the buffer / drivers. They are invisible to the controllers and sequences.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

i did a test i used an teensy 3.2 with the octo
    and it works great on the 5v ws2811
    but wen i use the 12v ws2811 the lights are on and random i dont know why that is but looks similar to the issue at hand for gb70's Problem.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all,
    I couldn't test the pixels of the string, because they all burned out and I don't want to mess up any other string.
    So yesterday I got the "null pixels".
    Today I tried to add them but the problem was not gone; I thought it was the three-pole cable and I replaced it with cat.5 ethernet cable.
    "the problem was not gone".

It occurred to me to try to connect both negatives of the ESP32 (the one close to 5V and the one close to 3V).
    For now I have assembled cables for 4 mini trees and everything seems stable.

Tomorrow I should be able to complete the other 6 mini trees and then I'll update you if everything works.

Good day

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast