Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LED color change even in pause (Vixen)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED color change even in pause (Vixen)

Hy Martin
    currently the trees are connected in this way
    now.jpg

and in fact I feed the data directly from the GPIO of the ESP, the cable is longer than 10 cm. What buffer / driver should I add to the ESP

Post Thanks / Like

Martin
    modification of the previous sketch, so just connect V- to the GND of the ESP (also connected to the power supply), or better take a GND close to 3V3?
    sketch.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gb70 View Post
    Martin
    modification of the previous sketch, so just connect V- to the GND of the ESP (also connected to the power supply), or better take a GND close to 3V3?
    sketch.jpg
    Any of the ground pins on the ESP will do. You can even connect it to the GND from the PSU as long as the connection is within a 4 or 5 cm.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Hy Martin
    currently the trees are connected in this way
    now.jpg

and in fact I feed the data directly from the GPIO of the ESP, the cable is longer than 10 cm. What buffer / driver should I add to the ESP
    uAmp, fAmp, RobG Buffer driver etc. Basically any of the data extenders mounted with the ESP. The ESP GPIO is 3.3v while the Pixel Data line is 5v. You need to get the data up to the 5V level to get any distance out of it. Once you add the Buffer Driver, the V- At the Buffer Driver becomes the V- that needs to be wired to the first pixel.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

I have more than 4/5 cm,
    I'm not an expert and I'm probably not the part to touch....
    i saw that in the program "angus40" uses:
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt0800KbpsMethod> strip1(PixelCount1, PixelPin1);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt1800KbpsMethod> strip2(PixelCount2, PixelPin2);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt2800KbpsMethod> strip3(PixelCount3, PixelPin3);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt3800KbpsMethod> strip4(PixelCount4, PixelPin4);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt4800KbpsMethod> strip5(PixelCount5, PixelPin5);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt5800KbpsMethod> strip6(PixelCount6, PixelPin6);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt6800KbpsMethod> strip7(PixelCount7, PixelPin7);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32Rmt7800KbpsMethod> strip8(PixelCount8, PixelPin8);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip9(PixelCount9, PixelPin9);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip10(PixelCount10, PixelPin10);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip11(PixelCount11, PixelPin11);
    NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod> strip12(PixelCount12, PixelPin12);

leaving out the first 8 lines where "NeoEsp32BitBang800KbpsMethod" is very effective, is there something better, instead, for the following lines?

I only have to get to 10

Post Thanks / Like

do you have a buffer / driver to recommend?
    some model in particular.
    Last edited by gb70; 08-01-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

do you have a buffer / driver to recommend?
    some model in particular.
    I use the "RobG NULL Pixel without a Pixel Buffer / driver". The fAmp is from the Falcon team and is said to work very well. Your main issue is going to be availability. Buy what you can get.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks ... I'll try to see

Post Thanks / Like

sorry Martin
    I am probably doing something wrong in the search, could you send me the link of where you buy them? i can't find anything on both amazon and aliexpress

Post Thanks / Like

sorry Martin
    I am probably doing something wrong in the search, could you send me the link of where you buy them? i can't find anything on both amazon and aliexpress
    https://www.pixelcontroller.com/stor...con-picap.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast