Thread: Remote FPP Video Freezes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Remote FPP Video Freezes

I have 1 Master Falcon Player (Raspberry 3b+) and a series of Remote Falcon Players (Raspberry 3b+) connected to projectors. On each of the the Remote FPP's I've setup several Events that reference the Play Media command to initiate videos during my sequences. On the Master FPP I have a playlist that combines several of these sequences (see screenshot). They reference the Events I mentioned above via the Remote Trigger Event command.

When the playlist starts all the Remote FPP's play their respective videos perfectly except one (192.168.4.252 in the screenshot). The videos on this Remote FPP always freeze while watching them on the projector. I can't figure out why.

I reordered the events in the playlist to make sure the order they were placed in was not the issue. I made a shortened playlist (see screenshot) to included just one sequence and the video still freezes. I viewed the video files on the FPP in question from the File Manager and they play fine online. Therefore, I don't think the video files are the issue. I reformatted the SD card, reinstalled the Falcon Player software on the player and reuploaded my video files .....but the same problem occurs and it only affects this one player.

What could be the issue?

FYI: I am not using MultiSynch, because I only need the videos on each player to start at the same time. I'm not worried about them playing perfectly in synch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remote FPP Video Freezes

Have you tried to swap FPP remote hardware to verify that you are not having an issue with that one RPi?
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

It almost sounds like you have defective PI. Bad RAM can cause this issue. A Bad GPU can cause this issue.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

take its temperature! it sounds like it is running a fever.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try a new SD card first. The card I've been using became corrupted during the troubleshooting process. I reformatted it and reinstalled the FP software but the issue remained and the video still freezes. It could be a bad SD card.
    A long shot answer could be that I have a a bad build of the falcon player software. This is not the first card that has become corrupted.
    If nothing works, it has to be the PI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick thought? Currently, I have all the Remote Players in Player (Remote) mode but I'm not using the MultiSynch feature. I don't need the Players to stay in synch.

Could I keep them in the Player Standalone mode and still use the Remote Trigger Event from the Master?