Thread: Pixel test shows incorrect color - red and green are swapped

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel test shows incorrect color - red and green are swapped

I bought a pixel tester from wiredwatts.com and hooked everything up to a single pixel to test but the red and green colors are incorrect. When I hit the red R button, I get green. When I hit to green G button, I get red. I must have hooked up the wiring wrong. I'm using an old barrel connector to power the tester. I hooked it into the power supply which is SPT-1 wire. I wired the the one with the writing "SPT-1 (18 AWG)" to the V+ on the power supply and the other to the V-. If this is backwards would this cause a problem? Other than the red/green being swapped, everything seems to work OK. The blue works correctly for example. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've attached a picture for reference on the setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel test shows incorrect color - red and green are swapped

If you can access your controllers configuration page , simply change the pixel's rgb setting to GRB and save that configuration .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    If you can access your controllers configuration page , simply change the pixel's rgb setting to GRB and save that configuration .
    Itís controlled with a simple pixel tester so it doesnít have any configuration. Itís the one from https://www.wiredwatts.com/testerp3. Itís about as basic as it comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Your tester is based on pixels having a sequence Red Green Blue, and that cannot be changed.

Pixels come in many variation of that sequence. Typically we see string pixel as RGB, and strip pixels as GRB. Looks like this is a strip based device I assume you have string type pixels.

Edit: oops hit enter in error.
    Since this is to be just a tester. Know Red = Green
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 07-28-2021 at 12:36 AM.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Your tester is based on pixels having a sequence Red Green Blue, and that cannot be changed.

Pixels come in many variation of that sequence. Typically we see string pixel as RGB, and strip pixels as GRB. Looks like have strips.
    He has square nodes it looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

The tester is just for proving the pixels work ..
    You will need a control device and /or method of controlling them .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post

Pixels come in many variation of that sequence. Typically we see string pixel as RGB, and strip pixels as GRB. Looks like this is a strip based device I assume you have string type pixels.

Edit: oops hit enter in error.
    Since this is to be just a tester. Know Red = Green
    Thank you this was very helpful. Youíre right the tester has a sequence and after a little more research I found how to change it. Hereís the link with the info. https://www.wiredwatts.com/pixel-tester-color-order. Once I changed it it seems to be working great. Thanks everyone for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel test shows incorrect color - red and green are swapped

Quote Originally Posted by RonyRooman View Post
    Itís controlled with a simple pixel tester so it doesnít have any configuration. Itís the one from https://www.wiredwatts.com/testerp3. Itís about as basic as it comes.
    You were right about this [mention]angus40 [/mention]. I had to change the configuration of the tester/controller. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by RonyRooman; 07-28-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Rony,

Keep this in mind. Remember it when you do your setup. "These pixels are GRB". When you setup your display, you will need to correct that order. Either at the controller, so long as that is the only type pixel you have on that output. Or correct it in your software. Change the color output in your sequence. I generally sequence all my pixels as RGB. That way they are all the same format when I test. Most or the time my props that have different types of pixels are unique to the output and I can adjust on the controller. There are times you have to mix. Example, on one output I have two arches, made of pixel strips, and two mini pixel trees, made of bullet pixels. The pixel strips are BRG and the bullets are RGB. I have to adjust the output of the arches in my software for them to work right. I hope this isn't confusing. Just remember, the color order can change from pixel type to pixel type. Keep that in mind when you setup.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: Falcon controllers can mix RGB/GRB etc on the same output using virtual strings.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003