Thread: Bubble Tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubble Tree

First post here (also posted this on that other site)!

This is my third year with pixels (did a few years with the Lights and Sounds of Christmas thing - so many extension cords). 2019 was a mini-mega tree (9', 10 strands of 50 with home-made topper and pixel mounting strips made from pipe strapping). Last year I added 6 more strands to the tree (w/HolidayCoro topper and strips), and pixel icicles. This year I am adding c9 pixels to my bushes, and this little tree (maybe some other stuff).

I wanted to add something original and whimsical, and I came up with the bubble tree (using plastic balls on a plywood backing). I may add another row to the bottom (or not - maybe take the concept to some other prop shapes, who knows). Anyway, here is a video of the build and some quick xLights sequences. Sorry for the shaky video and janky video edit (new phone, and new software).

https://youtu.be/tLjPaXluxxg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bubble Tree

Very nice job.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

A unique and enjoyable version of a "bubble/circle tree". Very well done.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job. Cool idea!