Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIGWDF Chat Room

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Chat Room

I've popped in a couple of times and started leaving dates to see if anyone else was showing up. NADA. I also used to sign on and share information. I agree, "Its not like it used to be."
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Well, I think we're going nowhere with the chat room. Here's all the activity over the past year+ virtually zero....

But, It costs me only electricity to keep that machine running, so I guess I just let it run.... maybe it'll help somebody down the road...

Attachment 45819
    Well....maybe it's just me missing the obvious but I just tried to log in to the chat room and can't find a link anyplace..... If people have trouble finding it that might be one reason it's not populated at all....just a thought and it's probably just me missing the obvious link.....

Post Thanks / Like

On the green site, Chat Room is right next to the Forums tab on the menu.
    Even with that, I don't do chat rooms so I'm not the guy to be asking about its utility.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    On the green site, Chat Room is right next to the Forums tab on the menu.
    Speaking of the "Green site".....I haven't been able to log in over there in quite some time. The page says they're updating their software and that the alternate site can be logged in to but when I tried that I got an offer to purchase that URL.... So I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be back....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Santacarl View Post
    Speaking of the "Green site".....I haven't been able to log in over there in quite some time. The page says they're updating their software and that the alternate site can be logged in to but when I tried that I got an offer to purchase that URL.... So I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be back....
    Make sure you are going to the site directly. They preformed the upgrade a long time ago. I know some bookmarks I have show that message when I try to use them.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

https://diychristmas.org/vb5/

It is only a .org and should have vb5. If you see vb1, you might be able to just change the vb1 to vb5 and still find the content.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    What happened to diy'ers who designed and created their own props? Wire frames? Wood, plastic, or foam? Where are they? Where did they go? Has Boscoyo, Gilbert and HC completely replaced individual creatiivity with pre-fab coroplast?
    I'm still here ready and able to build....I still run some 30 wireframes....I had most of those back in the old early Renard days but since I started to add pixels I've spent most of my time in that area....I have all the wireframes that I was interested in so haven't had a need to build any recently....but I did convert some old LED strings into 18 mini trees a while back using tomato cages as framework so I haven't gone over to the 'dark' side completely....and I run all my wireframes and the mini trees with my old Renard controllers that I built with parts in group buys.....Ahhhh, I miss those days. I was thinking just the other day that I'm not havingas much fun as I used to in the hobby. There's just something about the satisfaction from the DIY aspect that doesn't get 'scratched' with all these 'store bought' props!

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us are still doing this. At least in a "hybrid" sort of way. Yes - props are purchased, especially in the area of wireframe (where I have NO skills in welding), but others are made in our "workshop". (The wife still calls it a garage.)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Garage, funny.

I agree, things have become a bit more of a consumer purchase (props, pre-built controllers, pre-made sequences) and less of a do it yourself hobby.

Way less traffic on this site too.

I still remember the pride of building my first controller (Helix) and all of my SSRs and Sandevices controllers.

My love hate relationship with pixels- cutting out and replacing non-functional pixels when itís 20 degrees out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blantrip View Post
    Garage, funny.

My love hate relationship with pixels- cutting out and replacing non-functional pixels when it’s 20 degrees out.
    Aw, yikes, don't get me started on that pet peeve..... At first I thought I could survive 1 pixel going out on a channel until I found that the data stopped with it too and the rest of the string went dark.....reminds me of the old cheap series incadescent strings.....Grrrrr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123