Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm interested in your schematics

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm interested in your schematics

Hi all,

I'm presenting a paper at a fairly major Embedded Systems conference, and a major portion of it is about putting together Christmas shows, with MCU's and stuff. I would like to present the schematics you have drawn for past displays (e.g. you have 32 channels SSR+some WS2811, you run out data lines, Wifi controllers, mesh network, etc..). I want to put your old schematic on a PowerPoint slide and attribute it to you in text. If it's really advanced, it might take multiple slides. I don't care if you drew it on a napkin. I'm particularly interested in anyone who had a non-star topology (i.e. more than just a simple one-MCU, with a bunch of power cords coming out). If you master-slave out a Raspberry Pi to control a bunch of ESP sticks, for example, that's ideal. If you're just doing a basic LOR or something like that, I can still use it. I also don't necessarily need a fine level of detail, since I don't plan to implement it. I want to show a room full of Embedded professionals how varied and elaborate our schemes can get.

Like I said, I will give you full credit, by name. I really appreciate whatever you can dig up, and I think it's for a good cause: getting industry professionals interested in Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm interested in your schematics

You're welcome to check all my user guides for schematics.. many of them include schematics. Sorry, all the hand drawn things I've made get tossed after the prototype has been tested and a more formal version has been made. Here's the link to the documentation page. Then click download for the list...

http://digwdf.org/store/product.php?id_product=77

The url to the digwdf store is in my signature below..
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 03-30-2021 at 09:52 PM.

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for two years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome. TYVM. (When a simple Like won't do ..)

Post Thanks / Like

You're certainly welcome to mine if it helps...

Layout 2020.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

YESSSSSS!!!!!! Did you save the .jpg in a low resolution? I cannot read the text.
    Last edited by 1pet2_9; 04-01-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

No, but it might have dumbed it down in the upload. I can email it to you if you'd like.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pogo, I like your show. I like how you hold back on your lights at first. You get everyone captivated with a little bit at first. And then when the instruments kick in, you kick in with all the rest of your lightshow. I have a hard time holding back, myself. I need to learn artfully how to do that better.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi dirknerkel,

I didn't have much luck actually opening any documentation on your website. I got only previews. However, your image:
    http://digwdf.org/store/img/logo.jpg?1601899935

Oh yeah, that's useful. I'm trying to intro this whole Christmas thing as a genre of Embedded Systems that solves...nothing, really. In the computer & engineering world, we get obsessed with having to meet some spec or solve some problem. This may be the one time when we're really not trying to solve anything. Only make people happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks... a musical background does help to visualize things a bit differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    Hi dirknerkel,

I didn't have much luck actually opening any documentation on your website. I got only previews. However, your image:
    http://digwdf.org/store/img/logo.jpg?1601899935

Oh yeah, that's useful. I'm trying to intro this whole Christmas thing as a genre of Embedded Systems that solves...nothing, really. In the computer & engineering world, we get obsessed with having to meet some spec or solve some problem. This may be the one time when we're really not trying to solve anything. Only make people happy.

HUH? How can you miss? All our documentation is in PDF format!!! All you need is any PDF viewer -- If you're a Linux user it's probably already on your machine and if you're a Windows 10 user, the Edge browser will open PDF files just fine. Otherwise, you can download the free Adobe viewer from adobe.com.

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for two years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast