Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here, playing around with PVC and LEDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New here, playing around with PVC and LEDs

2" PEX seems to be the majority opinion to put 12mm in, but I wouldn't put RGB in a regular PVC. PVC really, really prefers to pass through the red spectrum, so I would just put plain reds or whites in regular PVC. It gives off a dull glow, which IMHO is more fitting for Halloween than Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    2" PEX seems to be the majority opinion to put 12mm in, but I wouldn't put RGB in a regular PVC. PVC really, really prefers to pass through the red spectrum, so I would just put plain reds or whites in regular PVC. It gives off a dull glow, which IMHO is more fitting for Halloween than Christmas.
    Thanks but where would I get a small amount of 2" PEX. All I find are 100' rolls for over $600

Post Thanks / Like

I was told a plumbing supply store. I, personally, didn't find any 2" at Home Depot or Lowes, and I went with 1" PEX and put LED strips inside it instead of 12mm. There's a guy on another thread here who can tell you everything about putting pixels in 2" PEX. I want to try it myself. Only I would want to stick with LED strips, even then. I like the higher pixel density inside a diffused material.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12