Thread: New, Checking in at OF COURSE, last friggin' minute... if possible.... Answers asap?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New, Checking in at OF COURSE, last friggin' minute... if possible.... Answers asap?

So, I've been out out of town, dropped the balls on the pre-season sales and am now scrambling to put an order in. I'm concerned that I will order stuff in my time crunch frenzy. I was about to order but in hopes that I may receive some last minute help, I will either order or take a chance that I can order tomorrow with questions answered. Here are my questions I'm about to send off. Oh, as far as my end goal, won't drop that coin now but am willing to spend 1000 or 2.

One thing not mentioned in the below questions is that I will have a 20' plus mega tree next year whether or not it is RGB (an ultimate goal) or static. My end goal does NOT end in all RGB, but some for sure. Should I just buy the mega stuff and forget the other? Here are my questions. Yea, I realize yet is late but any input would be great! Specifically as to, heck yea, you need presale on this now...!!! (not that anyone has anything better to do on a Sunday night. )

Thanks!

Jason

Questions to one vendor:

I’m just getting into this and while I have an end goal in mind, I’m still at a measly 60K or so on the light count so I’m just beginning.

My new environment, formerly in Texas, but now in Montana, so snowwwwwww in play.

I have, on a quick calculation, 380 ft of edge roofline to cover which is what the C9 spool and bulbs are going to be used for. Gutters on the straight lines and shingle attachment as well. Since they are LED and we have snow, I was planning on the clips being able to attach to gutter and shingles and point down, or straight up. I figured if the bulb is parallel with the ground, it would collect snow since LED bulbs run cool? The scheme in mind would be red green red green, etc. Although I am not into it yet, an end goal later would be to have that red green be controllable. I realize I can’t do that with the C-9 bulbs I have on the order form but do ya’ll offer the bulbs that could be controlled somewhat? I’m talking like all reds blink, vice versa, or have a “chase effect” around the roof line. Didn’t see RGB C-9s on the pre-order. Is any RGB stuff available at the sale price?

The C6 strings, are they good for a large spruce tree? I have 3 of them in the yard and decorated 2 of them this past Christmas. They were decorated with Creative M5 strings and I used 5000+ lights per tree. Figured if I upsize to C6 I could use less? Would a C9 string be more economical/better? This 3rd tree would also get the snowfall/cascade tubes I have on the order sheet.

4.) Zip cord and plugs. Never used the stuff before. I am assuming this is the same as an extension cord but cheaper and it is in my order for that intended purpose. Lol. With that said, I’m not electric stupid and know that I can not run 200’ of that to power 50 strings, however, I can branch off to various parts of the display from a main power run and this stuff can sit under snow correct? (Full well keeping the 7A load in mind for the branch).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New, Checking in at OF COURSE, last friggin' minute... if possible.... Answers a

If the above sounds all over the place, which may, let's here the heck yea, these are the must have preseason sale buys no matter what the heck you are doing....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New, Checking in at OF COURSE, last friggin' minute... if possible.... Answers a

Ok, I'll wait. .