Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of using P10 Panels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thinking of using P10 Panels

i build a frame for my tv because i have access to all the stuff ...but a lot of people all they do is used a mattress cover plastic and put tv in .. tape it tight from the back (leave some air for the tv to breath so the front have no wrinkle and voila a tv you can reuses after the season
    cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbotte View Post
    here is a video how to do it with x light witch i assume should apply to vixen too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEpRxWh7H1I
    I've seen this video. His TV is not very big and he is creating a Virtual Display effect *within* xLights to output effects to the TV.

So what are you outputting to your TVs - effects, images, or video? Are they set up as a Virtual Display within your sequences? What resolution are you using (what numbers did you input for your height and width for your 55" TV?) and how smooth (meaning NOT pixelated) is your output?

Please realize I am not bashing you, just saying if you've got solutions that make your 55" TVs look wonderful, please share how you set it up. I set up a 55" TV as a virtual matrix inside xLights, and I played video inside a sequence. I think my numbers were 430 by 670, and my virtual matrix/display channel numbers came out to something like 1.2 million. That's a LOT of channels to try to render and it creates a ton of CPU usage for the Pi.

I'm not worried about building a box for the TV - that part is easy as a 55" is about the same dimensions as my current P5 matrix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    I've seen this video. His TV is not very big and he is creating a Virtual Display effect *within* xLights to output effects to the TV.

So what are you outputting to your TVs - effects, images, or video? Are they set up as a Virtual Display within your sequences? What resolution are you using (what numbers did you input for your height and width for your 55" TV?) and how smooth (meaning NOT pixelated) is your output?

Please realize I am not bashing you, just saying if you've got solutions that make your 55" TVs look wonderful, please share how you set it up. I set up a 55" TV as a virtual matrix inside xLights, and I played video inside a sequence. I think my numbers were 430 by 670, and my virtual matrix/display channel numbers came out to something like 1.2 million. That's a LOT of channels to try to render and it creates a ton of CPU usage for the Pi.

I'm not worried about building a box for the TV - that part is easy as a 55" is about the same dimensions as my current P5 matrix.
    could you trigger a mp4 on a remote to play on the tv ?
    i thought it was discussed somewhere and the sync would only be marginally off compared to running huge pixel counts via virtual.

Post Thanks / Like

i am no expert and a lots of thing i dont understand but it work here are 2 video of it not perfect as i never thought anyone would ask about it lol
    https://vimeo.com/487839505?fbclid=I...nJ1DIOXyh3Ihqg
    and this one from hallowen
    https://www.facebook.com/10000211754...83838421696708

and i guess after re watching them ...i need to invest on a better camera lol and i am using raspbery pi 3 on each tv and like i said i am using x light but i am sure it.s could be done with vixen too
    Last edited by barbotte; 02-20-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

my set up for the tv is matrix ..number of string 204 number of nob is 370 each tv has their own pi also and i am very happy with the video or effect as i cut and paste some of the effect on my mega tree and put it into the matrix and some i took part of video from the movie
    i hope it help ?

Post Thanks / Like

yes virtual display/matrix and i can output pretty much anything as i did picture video and tune in sign

Post Thanks / Like

@ barbotte:

Thanks for all the replies - I appreciate you taking the time to tell me (and the rest of those wondering) about what you've done with your setup.

I'm going to continue to try to see how this works out - I'm sure there are others like you, and me, that would love to output smooth and clear video clips onto an actual TV and not just try to use a projector. I'm very grateful for all the work the developers have done thus far to get us to where we are today. I'm not sure what else I could do to make it all work the way I was hoping it would work: write a sequence that outputs to my lights, and when desired, output a specific effect or video clip to the HDMI port on the Pi when used as a Remote device, and have it still synced to whatever song is playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12