Thread: How to turn AC channel always on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to turn AC channel always on?

In the past years, I used a single LOR controller with their software. For the floodlight for my tune to sign, I used a separate timer that simply turned it on 5 minutes before and off 5 minutes after the show. Next year I am adding more AC controllers and switching to xLights. I will have a few extra channels. How can I use one of those channels as a simple timer to turn my floodlight on/off 5 minutes before/after the show? I can just sequence it to be always on, but Id need to find some way to keep it on between sequences also, as well as the time before and after the show if possible and it seems a little more complicated than necessary. Is there a better way to do this? I'm sure others have had this same question/problem before but I can't find any answers anywhere. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to turn AC channel always on?

If you use FPP, you can probably run an effect.
    Crazy Light Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. I use FPP and turn on static lights before show, then off after show.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

start your show 5 minutes early and play a sequence that lights up your sing. same at the end 5 minutes longer and play the sign.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I dont use FPP so thats not an option. Starting the show 5 minutes early with a sequence that turns it solid on and then just sequence it to be on for each sequence is the only way I can think of, but it seems like there should be a better way, and wont it turn off for a second between sequences? Idk, maybe im just too picky.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of trying to sequence the light for my Tune To sign, I use a Smart Outlet to turn the light on and off when I want. In previous years I just used a simple Holiday Light Timer for this function. KEEP IT SIMPLE.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what Ive always done before, I just thought it would be better to do it this way if possible. The hardware part is more simple, I know the times will be exactly the same bc they are on the same clock, and also that way its easy to turn my show on/off from a single place.

Post Thanks / Like

is it possible to run 2 different sequences on different channels but the same DMX adapter at the same time? I could make a sequence that is only the light solid on for a certain amount of hours, and then play it 5 minutes before I play my main playlist if that works. I guess I should just stick with the timer, you're probably right.
    Last edited by Randomaker; 02-18-2021 at 11:58 AM.