Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Do you know where the model is that you printed? Is it on thingaverse?

    I will take most any size that will work, C7 or C9.
    I will have to look, I believe thingiverse but haven't had a chance to confirm.

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Do you know where the model is that you printed? Is it on thingaverse?

    I will take most any size that will work, C7 or C9.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1640924/files

    Here is the bulb I printed,c7 is close to actual size of a c7 bulb in my opinion.

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1640924/files

    Here is the bulb I printed,c7 is close to actual size of a c7 bulb in my opinion.

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'll try that one. I really like the one that has the 'cap' on the end as it works well with bullet pixels.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by virgil1 View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that one. I really like the one that has the 'cap' on the end as it works well with bullet pixels.
    I used these on bullet pixels and they held well when screwed down (threaded inside) . I still attached some hot glue though just to be sure they stayed.( I always over engineer things)

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I used these on bullet pixels and they held well when screwed down (threaded inside) . I still attached some hot glue though just to be sure they stayed.( I always over engineer things)

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Printing some today to try out.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by virgil1 View Post
    Thanks! Printing some today to try out.
    Your welcome! I'd be curious if you like them too, I was pleased with them.

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    Your welcome! I'd be curious if you like them too, I was pleased with them.

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    I printed the faceted one, and it was wider than my pixel(so wouldn't stay on, and would take a lot of glue). I can try the 'non faceted' (aka 'smooth' one). I found this one too, and it actually fits on nice and tight:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892479

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    4,573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Faceted one?
    Can you post a link to that?
    I'd prefer a faceted one and perhaps it can be modified to fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by virgil1 View Post
    I printed the faceted one, and it was wider than my pixel(so wouldn't stay on, and would take a lot of glue). I can try the 'non faceted' (aka 'smooth' one). I found this one too, and it actually fits on nice and tight:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892479

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    This has both a faceted and smooth one:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1640924/files

    To be honest, I didn't type my earlier response correctly. The faceted one from this link is much smaller at 100% than I wanted. I wanted closer to C9 size(about 5cm long for the bulb), whereas this faceted one is actually about 3.5CM, more like a C7). When I used scaling in my slicer to make it C7 size, the opening was too big. At 100%, and 3.5cm for the bulb length, its pretty close. See attached pic from my slicing software showing the faceted one along size the one that seems to fit really well and is closer to C9 length( from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892479 ). I added a pic with the 'closer to c9 bulbs' attached. I have some white and clear filament on the way to try out.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 2.34.46 PM.png
    3dBulbs.jpg
    Last edited by virgil1; 02-18-2021 at 07:01 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Bullet pixel covers, sources, cost, 3D or purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by virgil1 View Post
    This has both a faceted and smooth one:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1640924/files

    To be honest, I didn't type my earlier response correctly. The faceted one from this link is much smaller at 100% than I wanted. I wanted closer to C9 size(about 5cm long for the bulb), whereas this faceted one is actually about 3.5CM, more like a C7). When I used scaling in my slicer to make it C7 size, the opening was too big. At 100%, and 3.5cm for the bulb length, its pretty close. See attached pic from my slicing software showing the faceted one along size the one that seems to fit really well and is closer to C9 length( from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892479 ). I added a pic with the 'closer to c9 bulbs' attached. I have some white and clear filament on the way to try out.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 2.34.46 PM.png
    3dBulbs.jpg
    Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •