Thread: Not enough stars out there, so I made an infinite number

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not enough stars out there, so I made an infinite number

I could never find the right star for the tops of my trees, so I designed a tool to let me play with a bunch of settings to find one I liked. The OpenSCAD source is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4742267. You can change the number of arms, change the inner dimension of the star, the hole size, the distance between holes, the distance holes go along the arm... If you print fewer arms than are on the star then there will be "T" connectors to help join the arms together. For instance on my printer I can do a 5 point star by printing a single arm then two more pairs of two arms.

The STL files on Thingiverse are all designed for my printer, slicer and resin the printer uses. So the holes are 13.5mm to fit a 12mm WS2811. You will want to adjust the hole size based on what your printer creates, you can even have square holes if you are using WS2812B or some other square pixels. I'll post another design I did to help find out what size to make the holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not enough stars out there, so I made an infinite number

hay there i am new to 3d printing are there more sites like this you trust if so do you have a list of them if you could post.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    Crazy Light Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr fix View Post
    hay there i am new to 3d printing are there more sites like this you trust if so do you have a list of them if you could post.
    I don't know about other sites, I know Thingiverse because it has been around for a long time. There is also https://cults3d.com/ but I don't go there too often.