Thread: RGB spot light/par?

Post Thanks / Like

Default RGB spot light/par?

Hi, I may add some RGB lights to my display next year. Origionally I was going to use floods, but I decided I want more of like a cone of light shining up on the wall, similar to what you get from a par at the bottom of a wall shining up. I have a dumb controller board Im not using. What type of lights do I need for this effect (Obviously a par will work but the waterproof ones cost way to much, so I guess something that I can use with a dumb controller.) I was looking at these on Ebay,
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-...8AAOSwc01fJR12
    not sure how easy it would be to hack to add my own controller. The hardest part would be getting it open as I dont see any screws, but maybe there is just not in the photos. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RGB spot light/par?

For $15 get one and see how it works. I suspect a Bluetooth type connection with a very basic 3 channel LED driver. I haven't seen a e1.31 to bluetooth controller but it might be interesting to invent. ESP32 devices have bluetooth on them so you could work from the espixelstick base.

The description is interesting. "submersible" "but can not be put in the water directly".

Post Thanks / Like

Iíve played with these units (mainly to see if the housing could be adapted for anything).

The top simply screws off, so itís easy to get to the electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks! Now that I know the top screws off I will plan on buying one to try hacking it with my own driver(Most likely just 3 resistors).