Thread: Xlights wont work past channel 24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xlights wont work past channel 24

OK I'm brand new to xlights and have tried to figure this out but am at a loss. We(gotta say WE cause the wife helps put everything up in the yard and on the house, I have to do the hard brain work which is a challenge on good days) have been running a show for 9 years....don't laugh using Vixen 2.1 not a bad program but unstable at times. For our 10 year Anniversary I am wanting to learn the RGB lights, but first want to make sure xlights will work with my regular ac lights(all led) I have 7 Renard boards daisy-chained together. I opened xlights and created a display with 28 channels( didnt want to waste time creating the whole display until i have this figured out..anyway...) I created a test sequence using the 28 channels and only the first 24 channels will light up, can someone help me with getting the others to work? I know there is something relatively simple that I'm missing just dont know what it is. any help will be much appreciated

Mark Webb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights wont work past channel 24

First look under the "Controllers" tab, click on your controller, and check what protocol and how many channels you have defined for that controller. If it's 24 channels, that's your problem.

If all 28 channels are defined, then you should make sure that (a) all of the models you have created are assigned to a channel, and (b) there are no overlaps (there's checkbox to check channel overlaps on the layout tab).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights wont work past channel 24

Or duck into the Zoom room--this sort of thing is much easier if the people helping can see your screen in real time.

There's a big blue button on the right at xlights.org (or use meeting ID 175 801 909 if you have the app). Passcode is 255600.