Thread: Price of Pixels Incl WS2815

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price of Pixels Incl WS2815

This probably has been asked a 1000 times but I searched the forum and couldn't come up with anything. There is a discussion on where to buy pixels. Ray seems to be very popular, except maybe this year (some fires). Quality and price seems to be bad around this time of the year (before and after Chinese New Year). But what are you paying for 12V bullet pixels? I see prices in the range of $120-$150 for 500 pixels, i.e. around 26 cents per pixel incl. shipping. It does sound kind of high. I don't care about shipping time so 1 month with Aliexpress/Alibabe is fine. I probably need around 4,000 pixels plus a bunch of xconnect cables, some 2811 strip light for arches, etc.

Also is anybody buying WS2815 pixels. I like the fact that they still work even if one LED beaks. Currently, I am spending way too much time fixing my x-mas lights. Based on my research those lights are not very popular yet. I am not sure why....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Price of Pixels Incl WS2815

if your not in a rush jump into the pre buy from few vendor like this one https://www.wallyslights.com/ as for the 2815 i dont know nothing about them
    cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Henri!.. where ya been hiding!
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurbo99 View Post
    Henri!.. where ya been hiding!
    still in pet .. going ice fishing lately lol what about you ?

Post Thanks / Like

I buy WS281x lights China direct only, because of price. Unfortunately, most of China's offerings are not the pixels you are used to seeing. But if an IP65 LED strip will stick to a frame, it'll do the job.

I am strongly leaning toward WS2815 this year, for the reliability factor. 2815's run 12V, and they run an extra data line such that it now takes two sequential pixels to go out before the rest of the string will. It comes at the expense of higher price, and there's an extra data line you have to solder, if you are into soldering. But if it lasts longer, that'll easily offset the higher price, and my take is that if just one light goes out, then I will just let it be out. Lower maintenance.