Thread: Newby Where do I start?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newby Where do I start?

Howdy and thanks for the add.
    Total newby and love the idea of lights (pixels). I bought two stings of 50 ws2811 to play with. Did wled with a NodeMCU, OK but want then it dance to music. Took to Vixen like duck to water in sequencing, but cant get it to connect to the lights, tried Dr. ZZZ's d1mini got some to flash but no run the sequencing. Looked at Using the Arduino and relays, but realized that only changes string colors not each pixel. Anything I can read a flow chart? to show me the things necessary to build one of these systems. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm newly retired and get crazy for this type stuff.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newby Where do I start?

ESPixelstick

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, looked and ordered two. Thanks for the help. Iím sure Iíll be back with lots more questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

WLED will receive e1.31 so you could output from Vixen. Also the NodeMCU will run the ESPixelstick firmware. You might want a more robust power in and data output section but not technically required.