Thread: Did I see a Utility to Help with Importing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did I see a Utility to Help with Importing

I thought I saw a utility to help with the comparison of someone's shared sequences with my layout so you could match up the models/props to those in the shared sequence with your own. I've repeatedly searched for that post again and I can't seem to find it. I think it did a comparison of the xml files and presented them side by side so you could map... again not real sure. If you are the author or someone could point me to that post I'd like to give it a whirl... Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Did I see a Utility to Help with Importing

It would help if you mention which sequencer you're using. You posted this in the nutcracker group. I can't imagine you're trying to use nutcracker anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Xlights...

Post Thanks / Like

OP probably posted in Nutcracker group as there is no Xlights subforum and Nutcracker evolved into Xlights, IIRC.
    Just starting out in this madness. Let's see how far down the rabbit hole I go.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aware of a utility per-se to do that, but there is a work flow of basically opening the shared one and noting which would match well with yours. Then you do an import into a fresh sequence, and there is a step that allows you map THEIRS->YOURS. A more recent Youtube video explaining the steps:
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!