Thread: Fpp and seperate show network questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fpp and seperate show network questions

Hi everyone,

I知 looking to setup my show to run separate from my home network I have a raspberry pi running fpp and have sandevices controllers. I知 looking for help with the setup to do something like the picture i have attached. A few questions I have is if I create a seperate show network will I still be able to access my show controllers and the fpp wireless if I only have WiFi connected to the Pi. Also I understand I will have to change the IP addresses to my new show network on the sandevices. I知 sure I will have more questions as the answers start rolling in.

Thanks,
    Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

-fm transmitter: ramsey 25B

-light count: 15,000+

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fpp and seperate show network questions

That's the way most setup their show network. The FPP manual and Canispater Christmas videos explain the setup in detail. Check them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great video is from Keith Westley. It is a couple of years old, but has great info.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

-fm transmitter: ramsey 25B

-light count: 15,000+

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, my display is set up just like your picture and it works great. There's a couple command lines to add so your home router can access all the devices behind the show router that is probably covered in those videos - I didn't watch them to the end but they look familiar.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a very good description of setting up a system like this in the FPP manual.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to mess w/ your router settings with the newer versions of FPP, they have a "Proxy" setting where can add the IP address of your controllers and all you have to do is connect to FPP the go to the Proxy page and click the IP address of your controller to connect to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    Danny, my display is set up just like your picture and it works great. There's a couple command lines to add so your home router can access all the devices behind the show router that is probably covered in those videos - I didn't watch them to the end but they look familiar.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I have them proxied but I added those networking command lines because of the way the Sandevices controllers act sometimes when being called or proxied by using the Pi WLAN.