Thread: YouTube TV Fix

Post Thanks / Like

Default YouTube TV Fix

I came home for lunch, sat down to watch the news and thereís no picture on my TV. Got sound. No picture. So I open up Amazon and the closest replacement sized TV is $400. I have a little TV from the campground, so I decided to wait, and just change it out with the mini. After work, I swapped them out and took the bad TV to the workshop. I took a picture of the label and hi up google thinking there might be a backlight that could be swapped out. But I find itís an LED TV. Thereís about 30 hits all saying the power supply connector is a carpy design, and the solder connections corrode and fail. I took the back off and low and behold, same thing. So a little contact cleaner, some flux, and a dab of fresh solder later, and Iím glad I didnít pull the trigger on the replacement TV. All fixed. In fact, it looks better than it ever has!

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: YouTube TV Fix

Yep, those DIYC soldering skills have given you confidence that anything can be fixed !

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Right on! Saved on buying new and the feeling you fixed it yourself is priceless.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it’s had some negative effects. Saving $400, is like money in the pocket right? So I’m thinking a second Ender 5 Pro. I’m getting told that’s not a fair trade for my magical DIYC learned closet TV repairman earnings. Such are the battles...

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Well, it’s had some negative effects. Saving $400, is like money in the pocket right? So I’m thinking a second Ender 5 Pro. I’m getting told that’s not a fair trade for my magical DIYC learned closet TV repairman earnings. Such are the battles...

Jeff
    hahaha.....well you tried!
    My minister of finance must have went to same school as yours!
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, It is easier to Beg Forgiveness than Ask Permission!
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless