Thread: Megatree Configuration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Megatree Configuration

The HolidayCoro presale 5v megatree package seemed like a good entry point for what I am trying to achieve. The package comes with a max of 32 ports for a 32 string megatree. Assuming the architecture remains the same (not reducing to 31 or 30 strings and using only 50 nodes per each 32 port) - is there a way to add a star? I would need 1 extra port. I can get this by using a diff receiver, but was wondering if there was another elegant option. I have already asked about an ESPixel stick but my confusion there is adding wifi to a wired show network. Any ideas or techniques I am overlooking?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Megatree Configuration

I'm not an expert but I thought about buying the same kit and decided not to because all the strands are sealed at the end. You could probably just buy additional strands and use 1 port for 1 strand and 1 star hooked together.

Post Thanks / Like

Those ports can drive up to 680 pixels per output. Cut the end cap off the last pixel on a string and connect it to your star. Configure the port for the extra data etc...

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Those ports can drive up to 680 pixels per output. Cut the end cap off the last pixel on a string and connect it to your star. Configure the port for the extra data etc...
    I assume that is covered in this discussion? http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...-output-string