Thread: What are the best pigtails?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are the best pigtails?

So I am building my first controller it is a falcon f16v3,hp 1200w power supply in a cg1500.
    My question is What is the recommended pigtails to use? And where is the go to place to get them?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are the best pigtails?

Quote Originally Posted by Benc2 View Post
    So I am building my first controller it is a falcon f16v3,hp 1200w power supply in a cg1500.
    My question is What is the recommended pigtails to use? And where is the go to place to get them?
    Thanks

Thatís like asking which kid is your favorite.

X-connect has become the kind of standard. Xconnect are available from many vendors. If you search AliExpress youíll find them if youíre looking for a bulk order. I believe Holiday Coro sells them and several other state side vendors like DIY led express. Figure how many you need and multiply that by 2 and by 2 again and add 10% if buying from overseas. You can never have enough pigtails.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use pigtails, I use Waterproof Automotive Connectors. They come in a variety of pin configurations, are less expensive, interchangeable, and I can disconnect them one-handed even when wearing gloves.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

How are you handling power injection with the automotive connectors? I was considering them but kind of moved away and to xconnect. I haven't made a purchase yet as apparently buying before and after Chinese New Year isn't advisable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munu View Post
    How are you handling power injection with the automotive connectors? I was considering them but kind of moved away and to xconnect. I haven't made a purchase yet as apparently buying before and after Chinese New Year isn't advisable.
    I use the connectors that come with the light strings to interconnect between like strings in a prop and use the appropriate PI Tee, but I cut off the input end of the tee and use a 2 pin Automotive connector for PI.
    2016 - No Display
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

These connectors are ALL I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, 3 pin for interconnection, 2 pin for power injection, . works great, definitely better than the round connectors, i buy all my pixels without connectors anyhow so these are perfect
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikel3332 View Post
    These connectors are ALL I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, 3 pin for interconnection, 2 pin for power injection, . works great, definitely better than the round connectors, i buy all my pixels without connectors anyhow so these are perfect
    How do you do the PI? Is it

1) 3 pin connector
    2) Your 3 conductor cable
    3) Maybe 6" down that cable cut the V- and V+ conductor
    4) Short out (put together) the two conductors on the side of the 3 pin connector
    5) Put a 2 pin connector on the other side
    6) With a 2 pin connector on your cable that brings in power connect it to 5)

I probably got that wrong so your corrections are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I too don't care what connectors come with my pixels, I either use the supplied connectors to connect strings on a permanent basis, or I simply cut them off.

I do purchase PI Tees like these and just put cut off the JST plugs and add the automotive connectors. The Tees pin out something like this

PI Schematic.png
    2016 - No Display