Thread: Exited to start building

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exited to start building

After months of planning, reading, watching, and learning from you all here and in various places, I've made my first purchases. I've ordered an F48 and some receiver boards, power supplies, and 5k pixels from Ray. I'm excited to get some stuff in so I can start turning some of this book-knowledge into practical experience.

I appreciate all of the great questions and answers everyone shares and the great information in the wiki and links to other sources and vendors, etc. I wouldn't know where to start without this group.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Exited to start building

Pixels-Shipments1and2.jpg
    I got my first couple shipments of stuff for my project. Controllers and power supplies have arrived. Pixels should be in the mail this week sometime. I need to get into some details on my megatree build and a custom panel I'm putting over an existing prop I built years ago. The other big things to figure out for me are if I want to do a permanent install at all or if I'll just decide on some other mounting option for the roofline. I also want to do some lights along the edge of my flower beds . With AC lights, I've just run them along the rocks but I think I may get some flexible wire management hose from ikea or something. First, I'm excited to actually get the controllers connected to the computer and outputting something to pixels!

Post Thanks / Like

I am about to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Just something to remember about a "permanent" install, Pixels will fail, so make sure that your "permanent" lights can be easily removed so you can make repairs.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I was thinking about! I was all set to do a permanent install until I thought about maintenance. It won't be often but if I'm making repairs every year, I might as well look at some convenient mounting options and just put them all up and take them all down every year.