Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fitting end to this year's light show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A fitting end to this year's light show

Curtinti, there's no competition in our neighborhood, she was just paying a big compliment by awarding me her honors. And, I appreciate it.
    That card you got from that family, and being crowned "The Lightbulb House" is quite the honor!
    And, you know, I agree, that is why we do it.

And, yeah, you better step up your game for next year
    Just starting out in this madness. Let's see how far down the rabbit hole I go.

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny you posted this. I had something very similar happen today. I was out today taking some stuff down and I noticed a car drive past my house slowly and then turn around and come back and pull in my driveway. This nice little old lady just wanted to tell me how much she appreciates the hard work I put into decorating every year. She apparently lives right up the street but I have no idea who she is. She proceeded to pull a $50 bill out to hand to me to donate towards next year's display. Obviously I told her multiple times that I couldn't take her money...I felt awful but she literally said "I'm not pulling out of your driveway until you take this"

Also, even though a good bit of my display is down, there are still some lights playing along to the music and I had a family that stopped in front of my house tonight and I saw their kids get out and start running around in my driveway dancing along to the music under the spotlights. I felt like such a nerd but I was almost in tears seeing how happy they were. Just makes all the hard work worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswoldJr View Post
    That's funny you posted this. I had something very similar happen today. I was out today taking some stuff down and I noticed a car drive past my house slowly and then turn around and come back and pull in my driveway. This nice little old lady just wanted to tell me how much she appreciates the hard work I put into decorating every year. She apparently lives right up the street but I have no idea who she is. She proceeded to pull a $50 bill out to hand to me to donate towards next year's display. Obviously I told her multiple times that I couldn't take her money...I felt awful but she literally said "I'm not pulling out of your driveway until you take this"

Also, even though a good bit of my display is down, there are still some lights playing along to the music and I had a family that stopped in front of my house tonight and I saw their kids get out and start running around in my driveway dancing along to the music under the spotlights. I felt like such a nerd but I was almost in tears seeing how happy they were. Just makes all the hard work worth it.
    Its a great feeling to know people appreciate it. Especially in times like today when we all can benefit from some enjoyment. Keeps me motivated to make it better every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12